Friday, May 17, 2013

Drugstore Haul/Review


A few days ago I went to my local drugstore and bought a few goodies. A couple of the products I have used before and loved and the rest were new products I could not wait to try. I am very happy with all the items I got this time. The products I got are:
1. Seche Vite Top coat ($6.99)
I have been in need of a new top coat and wanted to try something new. I have heard so many good things about the Seche Vite Top Coat, so I decided to finally try it out. It dries quickly, which is GREAT, and it leaves a shiny finish. I am so happy I got this.
2. Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation ($9.29)
I have been using Revlon Colorstay foundation for a while now and have been so happy with it. However, I thought it would be nice for a change and to try something else. I got this Covergirl 3-in-1 foundation that is supposed to have: primer, concealer, and foundation in one. The color I got is 810 Classic Ivory. I used a buffing brush to apply the foundation and as I was applying it, it seemed to be streaky and not blended well. Then, I let the foundation set for a few minutes as I did my eye makeup. And I am really happy with the finish. I still had to add concealer to some blemishes, but the end result was really nice.
3. Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm ($2.99)
I am definitely very late at buying this lip balm. There has been so many reviews and hype about this lip balm. So I finally had to try it. I got 05 quenched. It has a clear finish and feels really nice on the lips. After using it for a week, my lips feel soft and not chapped.
4. NYX Shine Killer ($12.99)
I have oily skin and needed to get a primer that would stop the shine. This NYX shine killer is quiet pricey, but I love the silicone feel to the primer. You can use this just alone or under your foundation. I used it under my foundation and it did seem to keep my face less oily but not completely matte. But I don’t really know if there is a product out there that will keep my face completely matte.
5. NYX Concealer Wand ($4.99)
I have used this concealer before and was so happy with it. After it finished, I tried a few different ones, but had to come back to this one. I like the creamy texture and covers up any imperfections.
6. Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser ($6.69)
I got this Aveeno cleanser a while ago and loved it. I have oily skin and am prone to breakouts (I know, it sucks!) and this cleanser along with the Aveeno Clear Complexion daily Moisturizer, started to clear up my skin and make my face less oily. After the cleanser finished, I tried a few different types of cleansers and nothing seemed to work as well as the Aveeno cleanser. So I had to go back and am so happy I got this again.
Don’t be afraid to try new products. You never know what you might find and end up loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment