Monday, April 29, 2013

Mani-Monday: Mint Sparkle

I have wanted a mint green nail polish for a while now! And finally ‘Mint Mist’ by Maybelline joined the other nail polishes. I am so satisfied with these Maybelline nail polishes that I want to get every one of them. ‘Mint Mist’ is supposed to be a mint green color however it turned out more bluish than green. But I still LOVE this polish. I wanted to create something simple yet different with this color because I just love the nail polish color so much that I wanted it to be the main focus. So I came up with this:

 
You will need:
Base coat
Mint green nail polish
Silver nail polish
Top coat
Step 1: First, apply your base coat. Then apply two coats of your mint green polish. I used ‘Mint Mist’ by Maybelline. You don’t really have to but I let it dry for about 2 minutes.
Step 2: Next, using your silver nail polish, I used ‘Electric Avenue’ by Nails Inc., start lightly applying the polish in upward strokes at the cuticle and stopping about half way. Try to create a fading effect. Apply the silver polish over again but this time just at the base of the cuticle.
Step 3: Lastly, apply a top coat and you’re done! It is classy and lets the mint green be the focus of the nail. It was quick and simple to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment