Monday, August 12, 2013

Mani-Monday: Pink Splatter

 
When I started getting into nail art a few years ago, I used to love creating splatter on my nails. I haven’t created this design in about two years so I thought ‘why not do it again’. This nail look is very versatile and so much fun to play around with using different colors. To get this look:
 
You will need:
Base coat
Bright pink nail polish
Black nail polish
White nail polish
Light pink nail polish
Top coat
Toothpick
 
Step 1: First, apply your base coat. Then apply two coats of your bright pink polish. I used ‘Warhol’ by Color Club. Wait for your nails to dry a few minutes.
 
Step 2: Next, using your black nail polish, I used ‘Onyx Rush’ by Maybelline, create a dot in the spot you want the splatter to be. Then, using your toothpick, drag out lines from the black dot to create a splatter effect. Also, create a few dots around the splatter. Then, using your white nail polish, I used ‘Porcelain Party’ by Maybelline, use the same technique to create another splatter. Lastly, using your pink nail polish, I used ‘Pink Blink’ by Sally Hansen, use the same technique to create your last splatter. Wait for the splatter to dry a few minutes so the color doesn’t drag when you apply the top coat.
 
Step 3: Lastly, apply a generous amount of top coat and you are done! These splatter nails are so fun and creative and can be recreated with many different colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment