Monday, August 5, 2013

Mani-Monday: Dots, Dots, Dots

I got this new nail polish and it is absolutely GORGEOUS! I am in love with the color. It’s such a bright and summery color, it’s like a bright coraly color. When I put this nail polish on I just thought ‘how could I cover up such a gorgeous color with nail art?’ BUT, I obviously can’t go with plain nail polish (haven’t worn just plain nail polish without nail art in about 2+ years). So I created a simple design with a few dots which lets the polish still be the center on attention. To get this look:
 
You will need:
Base coat
Coral nail polish
Black acrylic or nail polish
White acrylic or nail polish
Silver nail polish
Top coat
Dotting tool or toothpick
 
Step 1: First, apply your base coat. Then apply two coats of your bright coral polish. I used ‘East Austin’ by Color Club. Wait for your nails to dry a few minutes.
 
Step 2: Next, using a dotting tool or toothpick, dip it in the black acrylic or nail polish and create the first line of dots vertically at the end of your nail. Then, dip your dotting tool or toothpick in the silver nail polish, I used ‘Give me the 1st Dance’ by Nicole by OPI, and create the second line of dots. Lastly, dip your dotting tool or toothpick in the white acrylic or nail polish and create the last line of dots vertically in the center of the nail. All the dots should have about the same spacing between. Wait for the dots to dry a few minutes so the color doesn’t drag when you apply the top coat.
 
Step 3: Lastly, apply a generous amount of top coat and voila! I love this simple mani this week! This is also such a versatile look and you can change up the colors and have fun with it.

1 comment: