Monday, November 18, 2013

Mani-Monday: Brown and Black

I bought a new top and I loved the pattern. I found it very interesting and thought I would try to create a nail art inspired from it. I love the way it turned out. It’s between a leopard print and tortoise print and that’s what I find so cool about this design. To get this look:

 
You will need:
Base coat
Brown nail polish
Nude nail polish
Black nail polish
Makeup sponge
Toothpick
Top coat
 
Step 1: First, apply your base coat. Then apply two coats of your brown polish. I used ‘milk chocolate chunk’ by Sephora. Wait a few minutes for your nail polish to dry before doing the sponging.
 
Step 2: Next, get your makeup sponge and tear off a small piece and brush on the nude polish, I used ‘Sandstorm’ by Maybelline. Then sponge on various small lines, making sure to use a light dabbing motion. Continue this onto each nail. 
 
Step 3: Then using your toothpick, dip it into the black polish, I used ‘Onyx Rush’ by Maybelline, and create the leopard/tortoise print. Make some C shapes, some dots, and some lines. Wait for your nails to dry a bit before applying top coat. 
 
Step 4: Lastly, apply your top coat and voila! You’re clothing inspired nails are complete. Now go show them off.

1 comment: